Monday 16 September 2013

♥ D.I.Y Lip Scrub ♥

  




Hello lovelies :)

So today I decided I'd make a lip scrub ready for these chilly winter months ahead. I'm one of those people that will not go anywhere without my lip balm literally anywhere. Even though my lips are constantly moisturised I STILL get chapped lips in the winter  sigh :( . I have been thinking of purchasing a lib scrub from Lush but my bank balance says no so I found a few tutorials online of how to make one and just made the rest up as I went along. So without further ado this is what I did.

What you will need:

* Caster Sugar (or any sugar)
* Olive Oil
* Food Colouring (optional), I used pink
* Food Flavouring (optional), I used peppermint
* Container
* 2x Tea Spoons
* Bowl

Instructions:

1.) Put 3 teaspoons of sugar in the bowl. I had 3 containers to make and I didn't measure at all but the end product was 2 teaspoons to each container so this is a little bit of a guessing game but I think 3 should be around the right amount for 1.

2.) Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Again this is a guessing game as it depends how you like your scrub. Mine is quite sugary so its a rough scrub but for a smoother one add more oilve oil or less sugar.

3.) Add half a teaspoon of peppermint and half a teaspoon of colouring. (optional)

4.) Mix until all the sugar is coated with all flavours and oil. Add more sugar or olive oil now to make it the right consistency for you.

5.) Time to add to your container and your ALL DONE.

Its that simple. It took me about 5 minutes with finding all ingredients, making it and cleaning up. The fact that I had all of the ingredients made this lip scrub completely FREE for me and it's completely EDIBLE too, amazing right?!? It actually tastes nice.

Charlotte
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment.
I appreciate all of your comments and answer every one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...