Friday 8 March 2013

*Iridescent*


The iridescent trend is slowly creeping into our high street shops ready to peak as one of the biggest trends for 2013. With the likes of fashion designers such as Burberry, Jonathan Saunders and Talbot Runhof, out of many, introducing their designs in every fashion show this season, it's no surprise that this cool and unique trend is going to be dominating the fashion globe this year.



Burberry // Jonathan Saunders // Talbot Runhof

Iridescent means that the material appears to change colour as it shines in the light, like bubbles. It's mainly the metallic 'like' material shown above but there are also sequin materials, gorgeous jewelry and nail polish.

When I first saw this trend make an appearance I was like What? Seriously? but after seeing it appear on so many catwalks it is slowly growing on me. It's a simple way to add a bit of 'wow' to your outfit, but being such a bold statement piece if you do opt for this I'd keep the rest of the outfit simple and let the colours speak for themselves.

I've put together a few pieces to get you started. I have seen a lot more items in the shops but I've managed to find a few online, some are even in the sale so grab a bargain now and be ahead of the trend.



Sorry they are all from Asos, but hey free delivery and student discount is a bonus :) I must admit I do love all of these items and could probably see myself wearing most of it, I've even gone ahead and purchased the shimmering disco pant type trousers (number 3.) as at £13 down from £35, even if they are a 'only wear once' item they are worth it. The Gosh nail polish is definitely next on my list it's just so pretttyyy!!

What do you think of the iridescent trend? Will you be rocking it this summer? I'd love to hear how you'd style it!

Charlotte
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment.
I appreciate all of your comments and answer every one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...